5 Opening Lines
October 30, 2011 § Leave a comment
- Jon, in the process of loading a years’ worth of food supplies onto the spaceship, took a moment to rest and reflect upon the catastrophic events of the past year. The Second Cold War had finally erupted into an all-out conflict, and Earth would soon be nearly uninhabitable; the evacuation from the planet was imminent, at least for those who could afford it.
- The alien spaceship loomed menacingly on the horizon; no one had expected to find intelligent life forms in this sector of the galaxy, and the prospect of a violent confrontation weighed heavily on the minds of the scientists aboard the research vessel.
- Ashley rushed home from school, eager to tell her mother about today’s field trip to the Jurassic period.
- James was only seven years old, but he already had all the knowledge of a college graduate. He was a participant in a new, groundbreaking study of brain implants that allow one to directly download knowledge.
- Five years after the global ban on all forms of individual electronic communication, the rebels still struggled to bypass the World Government’s highly effective firewalls.