5 1st Lines I Wish Were in Books
October 14, 2012 § Leave a comment
1. Jeff’s head came off easily, smoothly, just as they’d promised. He cradled it in his hands a moment, then set it gently down on the table. From there, he stared critically at the rest of his body.
2. Christmas morning brought with it, as it always did now, a fine dusting of white powder that was not snow.
3. Since he had been old enough to consider these sort of things, Bryan has wanted to attend Kensworth Conservatory. Competition for entrance, though, was fierce. Kensworth had, after all, the highest percentage of students survive until graduation.
4. Mandy did not like Earth. Mama and Papa had promised her she would, but she did not.
5. The first sign that something was wrong was the waterfall that flowed upward instead of down.