5 Engaging Starting Points
October 15, 2012 § Leave a comment
1. Everyone had expected the international release of the commercial time machine to be the start of a new knowledge revolution – past, present and future always at your fingertips. However, no one could have predicted the horrors that came hand in hand with the ability to see from the beginning to the end of the human race.
2. “We’re sorry, but even with your high IQ, we are unable to authorize your college application without the proper genetic disease modifications.”
3. In twenty years, the extinction of the human race will most likely be complete. The propensity towards “designer babies” two thousand years ago started an evolutionary downward spiral.
4. After one hundred years, everyone I knew has grown old and died. I’ve increasingly been questioning my decision to transfer my thoughts and memories into ‘the machine’ to live forever.
5. Mindy had hoped that she could live in a world where humans and aliens could love each other peacefully – the Planet Impartiality Act was supposed to mediate any issues. But over the past few years, segregation and animosity had been vigorously increasing.
-Lexi Blog 6